VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage
The VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage (QCF) provides learners with the necessary understanding and skills to provide Swedish massage treatments for clients. Students can progress into other areas of the beauty therapy industry or complementary therapy industry and or directly into employment or self employment with this qualification.
Swedish massage uses oil or talc and the massage covers the arms, legs, shoulders, neck, abdomen and back. Massage strokes include effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing and percussion.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those wishing to qualify as a professional therapist but also for those who have a genuine interest in taking the basic understanding of Swedish massage further.
- The Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage (QCF) is made up of 3 mandatory units, totalling 26 credits.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Provide Body Massage
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- The history of massage
- Benefits & effects of massage
- Anatomy & physiology
- Massage techniques
- Prepartion for treatment
- After treatment care
- Full-body massage routine